Hot damn 2012 went by way too fast. What an incredible year.
Stuff I did in 2012:
- Husband, sister, and I took ourselves on the spring break that we didn’t have growing up. We spent seven days in Florida – two at Universal Studios, and the rest at Disneyworld. That trip fucking rocked.
- I went on my first roller coaster, ever, while I was in Florida. Cried. Screamed. Gave my husband and sister a panic attack in mid air.
- Went cottaging with my What’s for Lunch BC partner and friends. So. Much. Fun.
- I went white water rafting.
- Co-hosted one hell of a bachelorette party with a life-sized naked Ryan Kesler poster. Marissa, you’re welcome.
- I registered for school.
- I went to awesome concerts.
- I saw Jupiter and Saturn through my very own telescope. AMAZING.
- Again, this year I met the most incredible people and my heart is so thankful for all of you.
- I survived three months of bachelorettehood. I’ll have to do it again in 2013, which I always hate, but always manage to live through.
I think 2013 will be less about having fun, and more about getting stuff accomplished. My mantra for 2013 is: Don’t fucking procrastinate. It’s on one of my coffee mugs, so you know it’s serious. So here goes the Bucket List and the Resolutions for a happy, healthy, and productive 2013:
- Do well in school. Starting January 8th I’ll be a part-time student. I’m scared. I’m nervous. I’m ready.
- Continue writing and tweeting for WFLBC.
- Renovate the bathrooms. We’ve had all the materials for over a year, we just need to start.
- Run 10km a week. This may seem like a small amount, but I am laughably slow.
- Continue with the Monday evening tradition that has become family dinner with my mom and sister.
- Read a book a month for pleasure. Again, no small feat as I’ll be working full time and attending classes 12 hours a week, and then homework.
- Go sailing. It’s been years since I was on a boat and I REALLY MISS IT.
- Use my yacht club membership. If anything, it’s an excellent place to network and eat lunch.
- Try yoga and meditation.
- Pay attention to what I am eating- where it comes from, sustainability, GMO free… easier said than done. I’m about to become stupidly busy.
- Put $5,000 into savings on top of what is already being saved.
- Volunteer my time for an organization dedicated to elevating girls in the world.
- Sing in public. Maybe Rodyltin has a chance after all.
- Generally just be a rockstar.
- Solidify my love of all things space related with a tattoo.
- Be free. Enjoy life. Keep laughing.
- Take every opportunity to stare at the stars.
- Visit one far-away Twitter friend.
- Let go of a couple of vices. Those who know, know. I think they are bringing me down and preventing me from reaching my potential.
- Eat more spinach.
There you have it. I would greatly appreciate if all two of you would check in every now and then and ask how this list is going. I’m more likely to get it done if I have someone to hold me accountable. What are your goals and aspirations for 2013? What did you accomplish last year?