Just a few more days and then I am off work until January 3rd. I CAN’T FREAKING WAIT. This last month has totally burnt me out.
I’ve had less help from the hot husband than I have in previous years to organize Christmas for our families. It’s not his fault, and it kills him that he’s been tied to his desk. He’s an amazing man and he works his ass off, so I feel that I can pick up the slack and work hard, too. However- we’re both drained. I got sick a number of weeks ago and I haven’t recovered yet. I’m not sleeping because I’m up all night coughing, and he’s not sleeping because he’s up all night working. We’re up at 5am most days. We’re down to one car, and we’re taking turns driving each other to work and transiting home. I picked up a night a week at Job #2 for the first three weeks of December. Our calendar is sickeningly full and it’s December 19th and I’m only 1/2 done my wrapping, I still have gifts to buy, a Christmas dinner to plan, and parcels to mail out (fuck, I needed to do that last week [It’s my blog and I can swear if I want to]) grocery shopping, and I think I’m going to have to bribe my little sister to clean my house for me.
I can’t wait until I am done work so that I can hang up my drivers license and start drinking. I have some very specific goals to reach during my vacation:
1. Read a couple of books. I think I’ll just spend an entire day in my pajamas, in bed, with a pot of tea, reading. My ereader is already loaded, charged, and ready to go.
2. Party my face off at least twice, not counting New Years Eve. I need help, because right now there are no plans in place to do this.
3. Eat and blog about it. I’ve neglected What’s for Lunch BC and I have a few places that need to be experienced.
4. Go to the Vancouver Aquarium. I bought a membership for myself and some family members and I don’t think anyone used them. That was a waste. I love it there and I’m going to see all my favourite things.
5. Cooking. I’m going to cook a bunch of yummy things in large batches and freeze them so that there will be zero excuse to eat crappy food when we’re pressed for time.
6. See some people who I like but don’t generally get to see because they live far away and/or are in school. Call me, we’ll chill by the Telus Optik TV fireplace.
7. Wash my lunch bag. It looks gross.
Please help me obtain my goals of eating, being social and partying. I can probably swing the reading thing while I’m hung over. I just realized that I can order my groceries online and have them delivered to my house, and same for liquor to my office. Divide and conquer, I will get this stuff done by Friday.